Monday, October 27, 2008

YouTube and guilty pleasures

I haven't spent much time with youtube...and had some difficulty figuring out how to search effectively for the good stuff. My sad, secret (now not-so) shame is that I enjoyANTM...and since we've lost the CW network on Time Warner I have been unable to get my fix. On Sunday I spent a couple of hours getting caught up. Hey every once in a while I need a break from being all intellectual and stuff!

Here's what I watched, so that I can test posting the embed code into my blog.



I think the really nice piece for libraries is that it makes it easy to share videos on more easily navigable websites (hopefully, any library webpage will fall into this category). As ever one of the things libraries are good at is getting people to the best information for them in this overwhelming morass of inormation that is out there. Same goes for youtube...we librarians need to play to our strengths!

1 comment:

read2akid said...

I'm a ANTM addict(and a Time Warner subscriber), too. So glad they decided to play nice and return the network to their programming!!